August is National Breastfeeding Awareness Month which reminds us that breast milk has many health benefits for both mother and baby, but many new moms will tell you that it’s not so easy! According to the latest CDC statistics, 75% of new moms start out breastfeeding their new babies, but by 6 months, only 44% continue to do so and at that point only 15% of new moms are exclusively breastfeeding (as opposed to switching to formula or combining breast feeding with formula feeds).
Women often suffer from irritation, soreness, tenderness, burning and itching, and the nipple tissue can crack, flake and even bleed if irritation isn't addressed right away. A dermo-repairing cream such as Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm ($14) helps women soothe these feelings of discomfort and restore dry cracked skin with the combination of Elastoregulator®, Lupeol and vitamin B5. Nursing Comfort Balm can be used any time you feel sore, but is recommended after each feeding.
· A soothing, dermo-repairing cream, intended for moms who have chosen to breastfeed.
· Triple action
· Protects, hydrates and purifies, with Shea butter, glycerin and sea salt, making the nipples' skin more supple and more resistant
· Quickly soothes irritations and sensations of tightness that may appear with Avocado peptides and Bisabolol quickly soothe irritations and sensations of tightness
· Helps restructure and regenerate skin that may have cracked with the combination of Elastoregulator®, Lupeol and vitamin B5
· A rich, creamy texture, that is easy to apply, non-sticky and non-clogging. Does not stain clothing
· May be used while breastfeeding (follow proper hygiene rules)
· Tested under dermatological control
· Hypoallergenic - specially formulated to minimize the risks of allergic reactions
· Fragrance-free and no artificial coloring based on natural active ingredients
Mustela® is available at ULTA, Sephora.com, Nordstrom.com, Buy Buy Baby, Babies “R” Us, Drugstore.com, Dermstore.com, Destination Maternity and other specialty retailers along with online at www.mustelausa.com
For more information, please contact
Creative Media Marketing